This is a fun coloring sheet with five tools a scientist uses in the laboratory.
Other Notes (supplies needed, tips on using the resource, or directions for accessing the resource at the above link, etc.)
Note: You will have to register to use this free site. If you do not put in your city or zip code, you can still access the site.
You will need Adobe Reader to display the PDF file. Click on the link under the first woksheet in the top row, "Apparatus Coloring Sheet," and the page will open in a PDF file. Use the print button on your browser to print the page.
Tools to know:
- Funnel-The scientist uses the funnel to pour liquids into containers so he or she doesn't spill any of it.
- Graduated cylinder-The scientist uses this tool to measure small amounts of liquid.
- Volumetric flask-The scientist uses this tool when making up a solution (mixture) that has to be a certain amount. A stopper is placed in the top of the flask to keep the mixture inside from getting out.
- Beaker-This is a glass tool the scientist uses to hold liquids until he or she needs to use them in the experiment.
- Balance-This is a tool the scientist uses to weigh things. The scientist can put objects or beakers of liquids on each side of the balance and see which is heavier.
You will need the following:
- Printer supplies
- Crayons or colored pencils